Are you interested in obtaining a High School Diploma Equivalency which is recognized all over North America?
A GED (General Educational Development Test)
Information Session will be held:
At the New Horizons Adult Education Centre
2365 Galt West, Sherbrooke, J1K 1L1
**This session is compulsory in order to be admitted to the GED Test (DATE TO BE ANNOUCED).**
*The session will take approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours
* A photo of you will be taken to complete the registration form.
In order to register, you must bring the following to the Information Session:
– Valid, long format Canadian Birth Certificate;
– Valid Quebec Medicare Card or Quebec Driver’s license;
– If applicable – Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, Certificat du Séléction du Quebec;
– $50 registration fee – payable by cash or personal cheque
– $30 rental fee for the Preparatory GED book ($15 to be refunded when the book is returned to the Centre in good condition– with no writing in it)
If you need more info, please contact us at: 819-566-0250 ext. 40001WHY TAKE THE GED (GENERAL EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT TESTING)? -To register for Vocational Education. -To gain access to some jobs. -To achieve a personal satisfaction. THE GED CONSISTS OF 5 TESTS: – Language Arts Writing – Language Arts Reading – Math – Social Studies – Science The test is in the form of multiple choice questions and one short essay. If a test is failed, retakes are available according to certain guidelines. IF ALL TESTS ARE PASSED, A Certificate of Equivalence of Secondary Studies (CESS) WILL BE ISSUED BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION. In addition for each test passed, Level 5 credits will be awarded and can count as optional credits towards your diploma.